Workforce Development Technical Manager
BuildWithin works with a wide variety of clients including city, county and state governments, workforce boards, trade associations, nonprofits, corporations, and small to enterprise businesses to help build stronger workforces. Specifically, we help companies and organizations to start and manage Registered Apprenticeship Programs (RAPs).
As the recipient of the third largest grant from the Department of Labor Apprenticeships Building America Grant, BuildWithin is establishing 5 Apprenticeship Innovation Districts across the country. Washington DC/ Northern Virginia, Maryland, Los Angeles, CA, Bay Area/ Sacramento, CA, and Chattanooga/ Tennessee Valley have been chosen as the core geographies.
- Sacramento, CA
- LA County, CA
- Chattanooga, TN
Workforce Development Technical Managers work directly with employers in the registration of apprenticeship programs. They assist employers in finding and placing apprentices and ensuring that each program and apprentice meets Related Technical Instruction (RTI) and On the Job Training (OJT) hours and content. The Technical Manager also helps the Workforce Development Director share best practices for RAP implementation in the community and throughout ABA networks. This role also requires strong relationship building with employers and apprentice candidates.
The ideal candidate is a creative problem-solver who is always sharing what they learn with others and has an interest in working in technology that solves societal problems. The ideal candidate can distill difficult concepts and processes into accessible and simplified systems.
- Accomplish grant objectives by working closing with employers, managers, and apprentices
- Serve as a resource for employers, government agencies community-based organizations, workforce boards and associations who may have questions or issues
- Establish systems and guidelines to create new Registered Apprenticeship Programs and help employers navigate and troubleshoot
- Assist businesses and organizations with expanding their existing RAPs
- Assist businesses and organizations with establishing pre-apprenticeship programs
- Assist with the execution of various public events to raise awareness of apprenticeships in the community
- Ensure proper fiscal, timekeeping, and reporting standards are upheld for federal reporting purposes and drafting all required reports as well as provide updates on grant progress
- Develop and maintain internal dashboards and systems to track and monitor grant goal attainment
- Build toolkits and other resources for prospective RAPs and collaborate with BuildWithin Workforce Development staff and ABA grant recipients to share best practices and further the growth of apprenticeships nationwide.
This position does not engage in sales of BuildWithin products or lobbying.
- Proven track record and experience with project management (grant, particularly federal grant management is a plus)
- Proficient in Google Workspace Suite and Microsoft 365 Suite
- Proficient in Jira and Confluence
- Experience managing digital events using tools like Zoom, Webex, Microsoft Teams
- Experience managing in-person events
- Experience with writing education curriculum is a plus
Commensurate with experience and geography ranging between $75,000 to $90,000.
We offer competitive medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage, 401K contributions, and paid parental leave.
*Please note that this position is hybrid