Workforce Development Director
BuildWithin works with a wide variety of clients including city, county and state governments, workforce boards, trade associations, nonprofits, corporations, and small to enterprise businesses to help build stronger workforces. Specifically, we help companies and organizations to start and manage Registered Apprenticeship Programs (RAPs).
As the recipient of the third largest grant from the Department of Labor’s Apprenticeships Building America Grant, BuildWithin is establishing 5 Apprenticeship Innovation Districts across the country. Washington DC/ Northern Virginia, Maryland, Los Angeles, CA, Bay Area/ Sacramento, CA, and Chattanooga/ Tennessee Valley have been chosen as the core geographies.
- LA county, CA
- Chattanooga, TN
Workforce Development Directors have overall management and leadership responsibility for the hub they lead. They are champions and evangelizers of the apprenticeship model. They outreach to new employers interested in starting registered apprenticeship programs, work with current sponsors to expand their Registered Apprenticeship Programs (RAPs) and raise awareness about the apprenticeship model in the broader community. They are the regional “face” of the hub coordinating with community, government, and employers, and everything necessary to ensure each Apprenticeship Innovation District’s success.
The ideal candidate is driven to meet and exceed goals, self-directed, flexible, and own all aspects of the success of the hub. They are strong critical thinkers who are resourceful and quick to problem solve. The ability to build strong networks is critical in this role.
- Accomplish grant objectives for the region
- Build strong relationships and presence in the community with employers, government agencies, community-based organizations, workforce boards and associations
- Recruit business and organizations to establish new Registered Apprenticeship Programs (RAPs)
- Recruit businesses and organizations who have existing RAPs to expand
- Recruit businesses and organizations to establish Pre-Apprenticeship Programs
- Plan and execute various public events to raise awareness of apprenticeships in the community
- Attend events, speaks at events and evangelizes the public about value of apprenticeships
- Collaborate with the other Workforce Development Directors to share best practices and strategies
- Comply with Code of Federal Regulations
This position does not engage in sales of BuildWithin products or lobbying.
- At least 3 years of management/ leadership experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in marketing, government or government relations is a plus
- Experience with project management (federal grant management is a plus)
- Proficient in Google Workspace and Microsoft 365 suite
- Understanding of apprenticeships, workplace learning programs and future of work concepts
Commensurate with experience and geography ranging between $90,000 to $140,000.
We offer competitive medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage, 401K contributions, and paid parental leave.
*Please note that this position is hybrid