Apprenticeship Innovation District Technical Manager
Based in Washington, DC., BuildWithin works with a wide variety of clients including city, county and state governments, workforce boards, trade associations, nonprofits, corporations and small businesses to help build stronger workforces. Specifically, we help companies and organizations to start and manage registered apprenticeship programs (RAPs).
Recently, BuildWithin was awarded an “Apprenticeships Building America'' grant from theDepartment of Labor to establish Apprenticeship Innovation Districts in 5 regions across the country. Washington, DC/Northern Virginia, Tulsa (OK), Los Angeles (CA), Bay Area (CA)/Reno(NV), and the Tennessee Valley have been chosen as the core geographies. We are currently seeking Apprenticeship Innovation District Technical Managers in the 5 previously mentioned regions.
Apprenticeship Innovation District technical managers will work directly with employers in the registration of apprenticeship programs. They will assist employers in finding and placing apprentices and ensuring that each program and apprentice meets Related Technical Instruction(RTI) and On the Job Training (OJT) hours and content. The RAP Implementation Manager will also help the Apprenticeship Innovation District Manager to share best practices of RAP implementation in the community and throughout ABA networks. The ideal candidate will be a creative problem-solver.
- Accomplishes grant objectives by working closely with employers, managers and apprentices
- Is a resource for employers, government agencies, community-based organizations, workforce boards and associations who may have questions or issues
- Establishes systems and guidelines to establish new Registered Apprenticeship Programs and helps employers navigate and troubleshoot through these
- Assists businesses and organizations who have existing RAPs to expand those by providing resources
- Assists businesses and organizations to establish Pre-Apprenticeship programs
- Provides regular data and information for dashboards and systems that track and
monitor grant goal attainment
- Assists with the execution of various public events to raise awareness of apprenticeships
in the community
- Ensures the proper fiscal, timekeeping and reporting standards are upheld for federal reporting purposes and drafts all required reports and updates on grant progress
- Develops and maintains dashboards and systems to track and monitor grant goal attainment
- Build toolkits and other resources for future RAPs and network with other BuildWithin Apprenticeship Innovation District staff and ABA grant recipients to share best practices and further the growth of apprenticeships nationwide
- Experience with project management (federal grant management is a plus)
- Proficiency with office software
- Proficient in Microsoft 365 suite , especially Powerpoint and Excel
- Proficient in Jira and Confluence
- Experience with grant management is a plus
- Proven track record or experience in project management
- Experience managing digital events using tools such as, Zoom, Webex, and Microsoft Teams
- Experience managing in-person events
- Experience with writing education curriculum is a plus
Commensurate with experience and geography ranging between $75,000-90,000.
We offer competitive medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage and contributions as well as a 401K plan and paid parental leave.
*Please note that this position is NOT remote
**Please note that this position will NOT be engaged in sales of BW software licenses