Apprenticeship Innovation District Director
BuildWithin works with a wide variety of clients including city, county and state governments, workforce boards, trade associations, nonprofits, corporations and small businesses to help build stronger workforces. Specifically, we help companies and organizations to start and manage registered apprenticeship programs (RAPs).
Recently, BuildWithin was awarded an “Apprenticeships Building America'' grant from theDepartment of Labor to establish Apprenticeship Innovation Districts in 5 regions across the country. Washington, DC/Northern Virginia, Tulsa (OK), Los Angeles (CA), Bay Area (CA)/Reno(NV), and the Tennessee Valley have been chosen as the core geographies. We are currently seeking Apprenticeship Innovation District Directors in the 5 previously mentioned regions.
Apprenticeship Innovation District Directors have overall management and leadership responsibility for the hub they lead. They are champions and evangelizers of the apprenticeship model. They will outreach to new employers interested in starting registered apprenticeship programs, work with current sponsors to expand their RAPs and raise awareness about the apprenticeship model in the broader community. They are the regional “face” of the hub coordinating with community, government, and employers, and everything necessary to ensure each Apprenticeship Innovation District’s success. The ideal candidate will be driven to meet and exceed goals, self-directed, flexible, and own all aspects of the success of the hub.
- Accomplishes grant objectives for the region
- Builds strong relationships and presence in the community with employers, government agencies, community-based organizations, workforce boards and associations
- Recruits businesses and organizations to establish new Registered Apprenticeship Programs
- Recruits businesses and organizations who have existing RAPs to expand those
- Recruits businesses and organizations to establish Pre-Apprenticeship programs
- Plans and executes various public events to raise awareness of apprenticeships in the community
- Attends events, speaks at events and evangelizes the public about the value of apprenticeships
- Collaborates with the other 4 Apprenticeship Innovation Districts to share best practices and strategies
- Complies with the Code of Federal Regulations
- Ensures the proper fiscal, timekeeping and reporting standards are upheld for federal reporting purposes
- Writes performance reports and updates on grant progress
- Communicates effectively with colleagues and staff
- At least 3 years of management/leadership experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A critical thinker who is resourceful and quick to problem solve
- Ability to build strong networks
- Experience in marketing, government, or government relations a plus
- Experience with project management (federal grant management is a plus)
- Proficient in Microsoft 365 suite and Google Workspace
- Understanding of apprenticeships, workplace learning programs, and future of work concepts
Commensurate with experience and geography ranging between $90,000 - $110,000.
We offer competitive medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage and contributions as well as a 401K plan and paid parental leave.
*Please note that this position is NOT remote
**Please note that this position will NOT be engaged in sales of BW products or lobbying.